Is Guidewire Professional Services Right for You?
- Would you like to work with a very special group of people?
- Would you like to be able to look across your team and know that every member of the team has superior talents?
- Would you like to work with a group that does not tolerate mediocrity?
- Would you like to work with a Professional Services team that puts customer success and referenceability above everything else and that only deploys experienced people?
- Would you like to work with a world class product that is second to none?
- Would you like to work with a fantastic product and engineering team that write test solutions before writing a line of code?
- Would you like to work with a team that not only practices SCRUM but that lives SCRUM everyday?
If yes, then Guidewire Professional Services is right for you.
What's it like to work in Guidewire Professional Services?
Guidewire Professional Services is growing. We deploy Senior Project Manager/Functional Consultants and Senior Technical Integration Consultants to our customer sites. When working at Guidewire you will be in a collegial culture where all team members are willing to reach out and help other team members.
We're a team that is 100% referenceable across all customers after providing Professional Services for more than 2 years. Our customers find this both surprising and refreshing. In fact, our customers have said that their relationship with Guidewire is "the best vendor relationship ever experienced". One customer even said, "You have a great product. But forget the product - I want your team!"
How can you become part of this dynamic team?
All Guidewire Professional Services Consultants should have the following qualifications:
- You should have lead experience on a full life cycle project implementation. Full life cycle means that you started at the very beginning of a project and you were involved when it went into production.
- You should have made significant contributions to your projects and you should be able to clearly articulate those contributions.
- You will have at least five years (although we prefer ten) of customer facing consulting experience with in-depth stories about your successes as well as experiences that taught you how to improve your skills.
- You will have excellent communication skills. This includes verbal and written communication skills.
- You will be very smart. OK, so if you are very smart, you know what we mean. Smart can be demonstrated through educational background or work experience. By the way, we might not have mentioned that about 66% of our employees come from highly recognized schools including Stanford, Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Columbia, Brown, MIT, California Berkeley, North Western, Carnegie Mellon, Oxford, New York University, Cornell, and many other highly recognized education institutions.
- You should have a track record of traveling at some point in your career. Our team is usually away from home three nights a week. Travel can grow old fast and we want people that know the reality of what it is to be on the road.
- You should not have a big ego and you should be much more interested in team success over individual heroics.
- You should know how to have fun when working. Our team actually likes each other, and if you join us we would like you to like us.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a growing and successful software company with a great track record and strong growth potential. We are very selective when asking new people to join our group. And we can promise a friendly collegial environment that will challenge all of your acquired skills and abilities.
I've worked with several world-class companies including JP Morgan, MBNA America, and The Hartford. Each of these companies was great in its own way. But Guidewire is far more special. I have the privilege of working with the brightest and most dedicated people I have ever worked with. I get paid for doing something that I am proud to do. I also get to treat customers the way I wanted to be treated when I was one of the people purchasing enterprise solutions and consulting services. I get to do all this while being involved in shaping a product that is second to none.
A Great Place to Work
We are always looking for talented, intelligent professionals to join the Guidewire team.
Download our corporate brochure to learn about Guidewire and how we can help you deliver insurance your way.
Download the Guidewire Corporate Brochure