Technology Designed Solely for P/C Insurers
All Guidewire applications share a common technology platform
All Guidewire applications are built on a shared technology platform providing unparalleled performance, reliability, flexibility, and openness. Our platform was designed and built on a completely modern architecture to meet the specific needs of the insurance industry.
- Guidewire applications are built in Java and conform to the J2EE standard, the preferred technology of the insurance industry.
- A 100% web client ensures that no software must be installed on end-user desktops.
- Web service APIs enable Guidewire applications to integrate seamlessly into a services-oriented architecture and interact with any other applications in any technology.
- Clustering, caching, and never-ending performance tuning ensure that Guidewire applications can support thousands of concurrent users.
- Guidewire applications run on the insurance industry's preferred application servers, operating systems, and databases.
- An unmatched commitment to quality—embodied by more than 120,000 tests that run continuously throughout the development cycle—makes Guidewire applications the most reliable and trustworthy in the industry.
Features and Benefits
The Guidewire platform provides a set of core technology components that provide critical building blocks and services to all Guidewire application, including features such as:
- Rules engine—combines easy-to-understand, hierarchical rule execution with a rich library of methods specifically developed to meet the needs of modern insurance companies
- Business process management—gives insurers the ability to define long-running insurance processes involving multiple activities and actors, with exceptions and escalations as appropriate
- Configuration—allows carriers to extend the application data model and screens using logical, easily-understandable XML files
- Integration—provides a variety of integration mechanisms, including a web services API, event-based messaging, and the ability to add integration adapters at any point in the application; data can be exchanged in any format, including ACORD XML or IAA
- Security—provides mechanisms for controlling who has access to an application, what functionality he or she can use, and what data (accounts, policies, claims, etc.) he or she can view or edit
Guidewire's technology platform enables insurers to reduce long-term cost of ownership by consolidating on a single suite of applications and enjoy the following benefits.
- Insurers gain complete control over their core applications due to the extensive configurability of the Guidewire platform, coupled with an insurance-specific rules engine.
- Users benefit from responsive, easy-to-use applications, and growing companies can support larger populations simply by adding more servers.
- The robust integration layer means that insurers can integrate their core applications to any other systems inside or outside the enterprise.
- Insurers can share a common set of skills and knowledge across their core systems portfolio, and business and IT team members who know how to configure, write business rules for, or integrate with one Guidewire application can immediately work with any other of our applications.
- Because our automated tests protect our applications against regression, we can add new functionality rapidly. As a result, critical new functionality can be delivered in a few months rather than requiring a year or more of planning and development.
With the flexibility and power of Guidewire ClaimCenter, we've been able to implement our ideal claims process rather than having to force-fit the process to technology as we had done with other systems.
Download our corporate brochure to learn about Guidewire and how we can help you deliver insurance your way.
Download the Guidewire Corporate Brochure
Flexibility of Guidewire Platform
Find out why flexibility is one of the key characteristics of Guidewire's platform.
Testing for Reliability
Learn about Guidewire's commitment to the rigorous testing of our products and platform.