Effective: September 9, 2016
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield
Guidewire Software participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Guidewire is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List.
Guidewire is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Guidewire complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Guidewire is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, Guidewire may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor Framework
Guidewire complies with the U.S. – Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from Switzerland. Guidewire has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Guidewire’s certification, please visit https://safeharbor.export.gov/swisslist.aspx.
1. What personal information do we gather? In general, you may visit Guidewire Software's Web site without providing us with any personal information about yourself. However, there are times when we may need information from you, which includes your Internet address so that we can track unique visits to our site for analytic purposes. Additionally, we may need your personal information such as your name, and your postal and email address in order to grant you access to protected and secured sites or provide you with the opportunity to register for an event, to fulfill your requests for information including white papers, download updates to our products, or participate in an online survey. In other instances, we may ask you to provide us with information such as your product interests so that we can send you only the information that is useful to you, including articles, newsletters, product and service alerts, new product and service announcements and event invitations.
If you wish to apply for a job within the careers section of the site, we will collect personal information about you such as name, email address, and phone number. We will also ask you to provide us with a cover letter and a resume. We use this information to contact you regarding the position in which you expressed interest, to determine whether or not you are qualified for the position and to contact you regarding setting up an interview.
3. How do we use your personal information? Information we collect is used to determine what is most effective about our web site, to help us identify ways to improve sites, to personalize the visit for you through the use of "persistent cookies" if you permit it, and to determine how we can tailor our web site to make it more effective. We may also use data for other purposes, which we would describe to you at the point we collect the information (for example, if you are invited to register for an event or request more information about one of our products). When you supply Guidewire Software with your personal information, we may use the information to learn more about you so that we can develop better products and services or use the information, sharing it with our business partners, to inform you about new products, services and offers that may be of interest to you.
We post customer testimonials/videos on our Web site which may contain personal information. We do obtain the customer’s consent via email prior to posting the testimonial or video to post their name along with it. To request removal of your personal information from our testimonials or videos, contact us at info [at] guidewire.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Guidewire has contracted with a trusted third party provider to manage its online employment application process. Guidewire's third party provider has agreed to comply with all regulations designed to protect your privacy. It will only use candidate information to process Guidewire employment applications and not for its own purposes. It will not disclose any personally identifiable information to any third party. During the recruitment process, candidate information will be accessed internally only by those Guidewire employees who are directly involved in the recruitment process.
In certain situations, Guidewire may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
This Web site contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy policies of each and every Web site that collects personal information.
5. What about security? The security of your personal information is important to Guidewire Software and we take appropriate steps to maintain security of your personal information. The open nature of the Internet is such that data may flow over networks without security measures and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended. While this is out of our control, we aim to apply appropriate levels of security at all times. We use industry standard technologies and maintain current security standards to ensure that your personal information is protected against unauthorized access, disclosure, inappropriate alteration, or misuse.
We manage our server environment appropriately and our firewall infrastructure is strictly adhered to. We routinely employ current technologies to ensure that the confidentiality and privacy of your information is not compromised.
To safeguard against unauthorized access to your accounts, you are required to "sign on" using a user ID and a password to certain secured areas of the www.guidewire.com web site. Both user ID and password are encrypted when sent over the Internet. If you are unable to provide the correct password, you will not be able to access these sections. Despite all of our efforts, the Internet is inherently unsecure and we cannot guarantee that information provided online will be secure at all times. Suffice it to say that the security of your personal information is important to us and we will use all reasonable means to keep it as safe as possible.
6. Do we give you access to your information? Upon request Guidewire will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. To request this information please contact us at info [at] guidewire.com.
You are entitled to have access to your information and require it to be corrected or deleted if it is inaccurate. You can do this by contacting us via info [at] guidewire.com or send us a mail through our mailing address below. We will respond to your access request within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at info [at] guidewire.com or through our mailing address below. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
By entering your personal information in the Guidewire Careers website you accept that we may retain your information and it may be held by Guidewire or by any third party company that processes it on our behalf. We'll store all the information you submit as part of your application. And, in the course of the recruitment process, we might record further information about you. We collect and process sensitive personal data only so far as is necessary to ensure we comply with legal requirements, for example under the equality of opportunity laws. We will retain your information for a minimum of 6 months from your last update, unless otherwise required by law. If you are hired by Guidewire, the personal information you have submitted will be retained as part of your employment record. If you have any question on our handling of personal information, please contact the recruitment team by email at info [at] guidewire.com.
7. Using your personal information to contact you. If you have asked to receive communications or provided contact information to download white papers or access other resources, then we will use your name and the email address you provided only to contact you regarding other communications that may be of interest to you.
8. How can you unsubscribe from our database? You may change your subscription status at any time by visiting our subscription status page and entering your registered email address. If you registered under multiple addresses you will need to enter each address you wish to unsubscribe. An email will be sent to the address provided in order to ensure that the unsubscribe request is valid. If you are unable to access our subscription status page, you may send an email to unsubscribe [at] guidewire.com and we will notify you of your subscription status. Please be sure to send your request from the email address you wish to unsubscribe or clearly state in the email body the email address you wish to unsubscribe. You may also opt-out from receiving newsletter or promotional communications by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication.
If you supply us with your postal address on-line you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please let us know by calling us at 650.357.9100 or send a letter to Guidewire Software, 1001 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Foster City, CA 94404. Please provide us with your exact name and address. We will be sure your name is removed from the list we share with other organizations.
Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers on-line may receive telephone contact from us with information regarding new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such telephone calls, please let us know by calling us at the number above or sending us e-mail at the above address.
9. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by Guidewire Software and our marketing partners. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or click stream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site. We link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
10. Behavioral Targeting/ Re-Targeting. We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Web site or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here). Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
11. Blog. Our Web site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at info [at] guidewire.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
14. General. Put simply, we value your trust in us. So we want to maintain your privacy and work with you to ensure that this web site and the information and services we provide to you are a valuable resource for you. For any more information about this web site or your visit, please contact us at info [at] guidewire.com.
Guidewire Software, Inc.
1001 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Suite 800
Foster City, CA 94404